It is easy to hear statistics about homelessness and forget that those facts and figures are people — people with names, hopes and dreams, families and stories. Take two minutes to meet one of those numbers: Donna.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
My name is Samantha Snellings. I like telling stories and what makes people tick. What wakes them up in the morning. What gives them a sense of purpose. I want to be let in on their hopes and dreams. I want to understand their struggles. I refuse to live a mundane life where I simply go through the motions, passing by people without truly seeing them. I want to be a voice for the voiceless.
READ ABOUT OTHER WALKS OF LIFE:
- A SOUL BEHIND A STATISTIC: Homeless in Orange County, North Carolina
- WORN OUT SHOES: One Homeless Man’s Quest to Love His Neighbors and Himself
- A MOMENT OF MAGIC: Sick Children Trade in Hospital Visits for Princesses
- Walk in College Women’s Shoes: What Brings Them Together
- Life After The Bachelor: Walk In Ben Higgins’ Shoes